Honey Pacifica Buckwheat Honey has that characteristic caramel flavor that reminded me of carnivals I used to attend as a kid growing up in Texas. The first time I tasted this honey, it brought me back to those times of clowns and the soda bottle ring toss (impossible to do) and I knew it was perfect for a Raw Caramel Apple recipe.
Raw Caramel Apples
Servings: 10-12 servings
Active time: 25 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 organic apple (red delicious or granny smith works best)
- 2 oz of Honey Pacifica Buckwheat Honey
- 2 cups of walnuts, crumbled in a bowl
- Cut apple into 10-12 even sized pieces.
- Spread honey with a butter knife the thickness of a quarter on one side of apple.
- Quickly press into crumbled nuts and evenly coat one side. Make sure honey doesn’t start to come off apple. Put nut side up on a plate and place in freezer for 2 minutes.
- Once honey has set and doesn’t move, repeat step 1-3 on the other side. Once all slices are done, leave plate in refrigerator, or if cool enough, leave at room temperature.
Recipe from Nathan Donahoe – Chef of the People. Chef Nathan spent a lot of love and hours in order to create recipes that taste great, while preserving the health benefits of raw honey.