Deliciously decadent raw-cookie dough that’s actually good for you – could it be true? Oh yes, it is! These delectable, nutritious, truffle-like cookies are made with wholesome, raw, real food ingredients and are perfect for parties, or just for fun. This delightful recipe is a spin-off of The Nourishing Home’s original Raw Cookie Dough Bites recipe, which includes three scrumptious cookie-bite variations – perfect for kids of all ages! Enjoy!
Raw Cacao-Coconut Cookie Bites
Servings: 18 servings
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup creamy unsalted raw almond butter (I prefer Maranatha brand)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened finely shredded coconut (plus additional for rolling cookies)
- 2 tablespoons organic cacao nibs (or 1/2 ounce unsweetened 100% cacao chocolate, chopped)
- 1/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon pure raw sage honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup, plus 2 tablespoons organic coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large bowl, mix together the raw almond butter, cacao nibs, shredded coconut, honey and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Next, add the coconut flour and salt; mix well to combine. Using your hands, knead the dough to combine all the ingredients together. (Depending on the oil content of the almond butter, you may need to use a tad more coconut flour if your dough is too sticky. The dough should be moist, but not overly sticky.)
- Scoop out teaspoon-size portions and roll into balls using your hands to form the cookie bites. Place cookie bites on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Next, roll each cookie bite in unsweetened shredded coconut, using your hands to gently press the coconut into each cookie. (Place coconut-covered cookie bites back on the parchment-lined baking sheet.)
- Refrigerate cookie bites for at least 30 minutes prior to serving. Or, place the entire baking sheet of cookies into the freezer for about 2 hours. Once frozen, you can transfer the cookies to a freezer-safe container and simply thaw-out the desired amount of cookies for a couple of minutes prior to serving. Enjoy!