This recipe comes from our good friend Kelly at the Nourishing Home. Kelly creates amazing, healthy, tasty recipes and meal plans with gluten free and raw options. She uses honey in many recipes and we’re always excited to see what she comes up with next. Take it away Kelly.
These delightful little raw cookie bites are just bursting with lemony goodness! Made with nutritious whole food ingredients, they’re the perfect guilt-free addition to any holiday party or cookie exchange. That’s because they’re not only chock-full of healthy ingredients, but they’re also quite festive and fun too – after all they look like scrumptious little snowballs! And for the chocolate lovers out there, you’ll definitely want to try these amazing Raw Cacao Coconut Cookie Bites – another delicious and nutritious option perfect for the holidays.
Lemon Snowball Cookie Bites
Servings: 20 – 24 Cookies
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 3 tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup creamy wildflower raw honey
- 1/4 cup creamy unsalted raw almond butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, plus extra for rolling
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a small bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, shredded coconut,
flax and salt.
- In a medium bowl, using a spoon, mix together the lemon juice, zest, honey,
almond butter and vanilla, until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix together to form the cookie dough. (Use your hands to knead the dough until all ingredients are well combined.)
- Scoop out teaspoon-size portions and roll into balls using your hands to form the cookie bites. Place cookie bites on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Next, roll each cookie bite in unsweetened shredded coconut, using your hands to gently press the coconut into each cookie. (Place coconut-covered cookie bites back on the parchment-lined baking sheet.)
- Refrigerate cookie bites for at least 30 minutes prior to serving. Or, place the
entire baking sheet of cookies into the freezer for about 2 hours. Once frozen, you can transfer the cookies to a freezer-safe container and simply thaw-out the desired amount of cookies for a couple of minutes prior to serving. Enjoy!