Wake-up your sweetie with this simple, yet satisfying breakfast that brings a little extra love to the day! So easy to make, this creamy nutritious oatmeal is nestled in a bowl of warm honey-sweetened milk and is topped with sweet summer berries and a sprinkling of crispy walnuts! Such a sweet way to say “I love you!”
Honey Cream & Berries Oatmeal
Servings: 2 servings
Active time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup rolled oats (for best nutrition, consider soaking your oats)
- 2/3 cups, plus 1/2 cup of your favorite milk (unsweetened almond milk is our personal favorite)
- 2 tbsp creamy raw honey, divided (we adore Honey Pacifica’s Creamy Wildflower Honey)
- Fresh or thawed frozen berries
- Crispy walnuts or pecans
- In a small saucepan over low heat, gently warm 2/3 cups of your favorite milk, Whisk in 1 tablespoon of honey until well combined. Remove from heat and divide the honey-sweetened milk evenly between two bowls.
- In the same saucepan you heated the honey-sweetened milk, add 1 cup of filtered water, 1/2 cup of milk, the remaining 1 tablespoon of honey and rolled oats. Bring mixture to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3-5 minutes, until desired consistency is reached.
- Divide oatmeal among the two bowls with the honey-sweetened milk. Top with fresh berries and crispy walnuts. Yum!
- Enjoy this delightful treat with your sweetie on Valentine’s Day, or anytime you want to start the day with a little extra love!