This is another raw honey recipe from our special guest Chef of the People Nathan Donahoe.
Now you can enjoy ice cream again without all of the unhealthy white sugar and chemicals. The creamy wildflower honey is not only one of the best selling honeys, but blends perfectly in this recipe to sweeten the ice cream without giving a strong honey taste. A perfect healthy dessert for children.
Raw Vanilla Ice Cream© (with extract)
Servings: 2 servings
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: 3 hours
- 1 cup organic, pasture-fed eggs (3-4 eggs)
- 1/2 cup organic raw (unpasteurized) milk
- 1 cup organic raw (unpasteurized) cream
- 3/4 cup Creamy Wildflower Honey
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- Place eggs and honey in that order into a blender, cuisinart or bowl with electric hand mixer*. Blend for ten seconds or until thoroughly incorporated and slightly frothy
- Add milk, cream, vanilla and blend for 10 more seconds or until thoroughly incorporated.
- Place in a sealed container and chill in freezer for at least 1 hour or in refrigerator for 3 hours. Make sure the base is as cold as possible without beginning to freeze. This will make it easier for the ice cream to form.
- Follow instructions on the machine. Freeze overnight then enjoy!
*Make sure to add the honey last, this will prevent the honey from sticking to the bottom of the bowl and not blending.
Recipe from Nathan Donahoe – Chef of the People. Chef Nathan spent a lot of love and hours in order to create recipes that taste great, while preserving the health benefits of raw honey.