I substitute Honey Pacifica Creamy Wildflower Honey for white sugar in many of my recipes. It has a sugary yet fruity taste with barely a hint of traditional honey flavor, perfect for fussy children. This recipe is made slightly strong so ice can be added.
Raw Strawberry Lemonade
Servings: 1/2 Gallon
Active time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup Honey Pacifica Creamy Wildflower Honey
- 1 dry pint of organic strawberries
- 1 cup of organic meyer lemon juice
- 5 cups of water
- Ice to chill
- Wash strawberries and pat dry. Cut off green stems and throw away. Place berries in blender with lemon juice and honey on top (so honey doesn’t stick to bottom).
- Blend on high for 10 seconds or until incorporated.
- Add water and blend on high for 10 seconds or until incorporated.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove strawberry pulp.
- Keep in fridge and add ice before serving
Recipe from Nathan Donahoe – Chef of the People. Chef Nathan spent a lot of love and hours in order to create recipes that taste great, while preserving the health benefits of raw honey. Photo from www.pbs.org