I’ll come running anytime honey is served as a snack and what better way to enjoy it than by making our own honey covered cashews. This snack is quick, easy, has simple ingredients, and everyone in the family will love it. Cashews are also a lower fat nut, containing much less fat than almonds, walnuts, pecans or peanuts.
Combine a healthy nut with the goodness of raw honey and you’ll have one healthy and delicious treat. Simply put, you can’t go wrong with this sweet nutty snack. Very comparable to toffee, but without the over the top sweetness.
Active time: 5 minutes
Total time:25 minutes
Honey Roasted Cashews
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
- 3 tablespoons Buckwheat Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Add honey to sauce pan and gently warm over low heat
- When honey is warm, mix in cashews and salt
- Transfer nuts to a sheet pan, and bake for 10 minutes or until nuts are a slightly darker shade of brown and honey has almost hardened
- Let cool for 10 minutes
- Serve and enjoy! Store extras in a sealed container
Recipe adapted from Foodista.