We’re all busy people in need of a solid snack – preferably one that will give a boost of energy, is filling, has a great taste and is made with honey! Not only are these protein bars good for you, they are also easy to make and quite a bit more affordable than buying individual bars from a store.
I made a change to the original recipe by bumping up the applesauce so the bars are moister and softer, which also ensures they don’t crumble into bits in my backpack. While unflavored protein powder was used here, other flavors could easily be substituted to really change up the taste of the bars. I used our most popular honey for this recipe – Creamy Wildflower – and it certainly did not disappoint.
These bars went with me on a road trip, and even though they lasted for over a week, I’m currently sulking as I stare into the empty container. I’ll definitely be making these again as soon as I get home.
Honey Cinnamon Protein Bars
Servings: 15 servings
Active time: 10 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2/3 cup apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweetened chocolate chips
- 1 cup whey protein powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Spread out the batter on a cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until the bars are a nice golden brown color
- Cut and allow to cool. Store in a Ziploc bag or Tupperware container.
Recipe from The Gracious Pantry. Original Recipe here.