When most people think of raw honey they think of using it with bread, tea, or straight from the jar. In our experience we like to use it uniquely to wow and impress our guests. Our recipe today is a Honey Drop Martini. This recipe tastes very similar to a lemon drop martini, but instead of sweetening with refined sugar we use a generous helping of raw honey. Besides having no added sugar, another benefit is that the flavor of the cocktail will subtlety change depending on the floral variety of honey used. I preferred the taste of the Sage Honey, while others preferred the citrus bouquet of the Orange Blossom Honey. There is no wrong honey, so mix these up and let us know your favorite combination. Makes one cocktail.
- 1 tablespoon honey (flavor of your choosing)
- 2 ounces of gin
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- Combine all four ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Stir well to combine the honey with the juice and gin. (If the honey it really thick, fill sink with warm water, immerse the bottom of the cocktail shaker in the water and continue to stir. This will help liquefy the honey and make it mixable.)
- Add ice and shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain and serve in a cold glass.