Here’s a new recipe to crow about! (Bu bumb chaaa!!!) Honey and mustard are a tried and true combination for a great reason: they’re delicious together. This dynamic duo puts on great party, and you and your baked chicken are invited.
While the original version of this recipe is for honey-glazed chicken wings, we modified it slightly and ended up with some seriously awesome Honey Dijon Baked Chicken. We used Orange Blossom honey, but this recipe would also pair well with other varieties, such as Sage, Buckwheat, or Habanero.
Active time: 20 minutes
Total time: 70 minutes
Honey Dijon Chicken
- 3 pounds chicken legs and wings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Orange Blossom honey
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil
- Arrange the baking sheet and season with salt and pepper all over. Bake until skin is golden brown and crisp, 40 to 50 minutes, turning half-way through
- While the chicken is baking, melt butter over low heat. Transfer to a bowl and whisk in mustard and honey. Add the hot chicken and coat all pieces evenly with honey-mustard glaze
- Return chicken to the foil-lined baking sheet. Pour any remaining glaze over the chicken and bake until golden brown, 8 to 12 minutes more
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Whole Foods Market.