These sweet treats are a honey bun lovers dream. Made with all natural ingredients, including Creamy Wildflower Honey, cinnamon, butter and raisins, these home-baked buns are sure to be a breakfast-time pleaser. Oh, and guaranteed to make your home smell UH-mazing.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine – softened
- 1/2 cup Honey Pacifica Cold Packed Creamy Wildflower Honey – divided
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted nuts – optional (chopped pecans are highly recommended)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 (1 lb.) loaf frozen bread dough – thawed as package directs
- 2/3 cup raisins
- Grease 12 muffins cups with 1 tablespoon butter.
- To make honey-cinnamon filling, mix together 2 tablespoons butter, 1/4 cup Creamy Wildflower Honey and cinnamon.
- On floured work surface, roll bread dough to form a rectangle about 8 x 18 inches. Spread honey-cinnamon filling evenly over dough and sprinkle evenly with raisins. Starting with the long side, roll dough into a log.
- Cut log into 12 pieces approximately 1-1/2 inches wide. Place each piece of dough into a greased muffin cup and set muffin pan in a warm place to allow dough to rise for 30 minutes.
- While waiting for the dough to rise, make the honey-nut topping by mixing together remaining 1 tablespoon butter, 1/4 cup Creamy Wildflower Honey and chopped nuts, if desired. Set the topping aside- this will be used when the buns are finished baking.
- Once the dough is done rising, place muffin pan on a foil-lined baking sheet to catch drips. Bake at 375 ºF for 15-18 minutes, or until buns are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately add a spoonful of honey-nut topping on top of each bun.
- Once buns are cooled, remove from the pan and enjoy!