My taste buds have a soft spot for homemade biscuits, and while I’ve pretty much sworn off biscuits and gravy, I won’t shy away from butter. This recipe has all my favorite baking ingredients and just reading it made my mouth water. After whipping up some biscuits and mixing together the honey butter I found myself with a new favorite breakfast meal. One taste and I wanted to try this honey butter on french toast, waffles, and pancakes. The possibilities are endless, especially if made with our different varieties of honey. I followed the recipe closely, but in hindsight, as a honey lover, I would have doubled the amount of honey, cinnamon and vanilla.
Servings: 8 – 12 servings
Active time: 15 mins
Total time: 17 mins
Honey Butter Recipe
- 1/2 pound of butter (salted or unsalted depending on your preference)
- 1/4 cup of Orange Blossom Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cut the butter into smaller chunks
- Place butter into a mixer and beat at low speed, using the whisk attachment to loosen up the butter
- Increase the speed to medium and add the honey, cinnamon, and vanilla extract and beat until well combined, or about 5-7 minutes
- Remove butter from bowl and spoon into a container with a lid
- Refrigerate for two hours
Recipes from Alton Brown of the Food Network. Original Recipe here.