This is raw honey recipe from our special guest Chef of the People Nathan Donahoe.
I use avocado honey specifically for its sweet, molassesy taste that goes so well with the dark, bitterness of the chocolate. I love this recipe because it is reminiscent of my childhood where I would purposefully sog my breakfast cereal in order to impart the rich grain flavor to my milk. I would then drink the milk and throw away the rest!
Cacao Banana Smoothie
Servings: 4 servings
Active time: 10 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups of raw milk or 1.5 cups raw milk plus ½ cup raw cream
- 2 raw eggs
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbsp. Avocado Honey or to taste
- 1 tbsp. Raw Cacao (chocolate) powder
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- Optional: Bee pollen Berries
- Tear apart banana into quarter size pieces and place at bottom of blender, along with the eggs. Add honey on top of banana and egg mixture. This is done to make sure the honey doesn’t stick to the side of the blender.
- Add 1/2 cup of milk and blend on high for 10 seconds or until honey is %75 incorporated (a few chunks of crystals is fine). This is done so the cold milk doesn’t chill the honey preventing incorporation.
- Add rest of ingredients and blend for 10 seconds or until incorporated
- Store in refrigerator for 4 days or until taste turns undesirable.
Recipe from Nathan Donahoe – Chef of the People. Chef Nathan’s has shared his knowledge and love of raw foods in order to create recipes that taste great, while preserving the health benefits of raw honey.